International Open Access Week is 24-31 October and this year’s theme is Open for Climate Justice. “Sharing knowledge is a human right and tackling the climate crisis requires the rapid exchange of knowledge across geographic, economic, and disciplinary boundaries.” Open access can increase the impact of your research, enhance the visibility of your research profile, and further promote collaboration for the public good.”
International Open Access Week Event:
A panel of QUT researchers will speak about their work and on the significance of open access to their publishing and for addressing climate justice. After presentations, there will be the opportunity to ask questions and engage in discussion. Morning tea is available from 10:45 for an 11:00am start.
- Welcome: Nicole Clark, University Librarian
- Panel Facilitator: Professor Ginny Barbour, Director, Open Access Australasia; Academic Lead, OSC
- Professor Adrian Barnett, Faculty of Health
- Associate Professor Rowena Maguire, Faculty of Law
- Professor Tan Yigitcanlar, Faculty of Engineering
Register here for Monday, October 24th, 10:45 am – 12pm, Gibson Room, Level 10, Z Block, Gardens Point.
For enquiries, contact the Office for Scholarly Communication (OSC), QUT Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org