The Asian Criminological Society (ACS) is accepting nominations for the 2019 ACS Distinguished Book Award until February 15, 2019. Please see details below. We look forward to receiving many nominations.
ACS President 2019-2021
1. The 2019 ACS Distinguished Book Award Committee
Peter Grabosky, Committee Chair
PO Box 9054
Deakin, ACT 2600
Nicole Wai Ting Cheung
Department of Sociology
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Department of Criminology
National Chung Cheng University
168 University Road
School of Regulation and Global Governance
HC Coombs Extension (Building #8)
College of Asia and the Pacific
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 2601
1981, 3rd Street
Anna Nagar West
Chennai 600 040
2403# – 213
East Side of WangJing HuaYuan
( 1) Books on crime and criminal justice in Asia published in English in the calendar year of 2018 are eligible.
( 2) In addition to single-authored books, co-authored books are eligible, but collected works are not.
(1) Nominations, including self-nominations, must be submitted to Peter Grabosky, the committee chair.
(2) Nominations will be accepted until 15 February 2019.
(3) Nominators are required to ask the publisher or the author of the nominated book to send a review copy to every committee member before 15 February 2019.
4. Announcement of the Award and Award Ceremony
(1) Up to two Awards and up to two Honorary Mentions will be announced by the end of April 2019.
(2) An award ceremony will be held during the 2019 annual meeting of the ACS on June 23-26, 2019, in Cebu, the Philippines. We regret that we are unable to provide any travel grant.