Join us for our inaugural showcase of QUT researchers working in the area of diverse genders and sexualities. Five minute presentations will be followed by an opportunity for Q&A, with networking from 10:45am.
Thursday 14 March
10:00am to 12:00pm
The Cube, QUT Gardens Point Campus
• Gender, Sexuality, and Digital Inclusion: Dr Elija Cassidy, Digital Media Research Centre, Creative Industries Faculty
• Genders and sexualities in education: Dr Lisa van Leent, School of Teacher Education and Leadership, Faculty of Education
• Queering Criminology: Associate Professor Matthew Ball, School of Justice, Faculty of Law
• Man, woman, “other”: Factors associated with non-binary gender identification: Dr Stephen Whyte, School of Economics and Finance, QUT Business School
• Teaching undergraduate health professionals empathy and strategies for engaging with gender diversity of patients: Associate Professor Deborah Starkey, School of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health
Please see the attached invitation for more information about each of our speakers.
This event is hosted by QUT Equity & Student Counselling