All Posts

Dr Cassandra Cross elected to the Board of Directors for Police Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYCs) Queensland

RackMultipart20140723-12137-1b47psf[1]

At the 2015 annual general meeting for the Queensland Police Citizens Youth Welfare Association (QPCYWA), QUT Crime and Justice Research Centre’s Dr Cassandra Cross was elected to the Board of Directors. Her appointment to the Board of Directors comes following an evaluation that her and fellow QUT colleagues launched only two weeks ago, examining the community safety and crime prevention outcomes of Police Citizen Youth Clubs (PCYCs) across Queensland, as well as her ongoing volunteering at Carindale PCYC since 2009.

“I am very honoured to have been elected to the Board and I am looking forward to the opportunities that lie ahead” said Dr Cross.

“I have been involved with PCYC for a number of years now, and I have seen firsthand the many ways that clubs make a difference in their local communities as well as the benefits they can bring specifically to young people”.

“The recent evaluation we completed also demonstrates the fantastic work that is being done by PCYCs across the state. However it also highlighted some areas for improvement, particularly around understanding crime prevention. It is my aim to affect change within the organisation to further strengthen the impact and effectiveness that PCYCs can have within their local communities. It is a solid platform to build upon and I am excited to be able to help shape its future”.

To find a PCYC in your local area visit their website here.

To view a copy of the full PCYC evaluation report click here.