It seems obvious but the ability to start conversations and talk confidently is something that will help you in all aspects of life. Celeste Headlee is an award-winning journalist who has years’ of experience interviewing people from all over the world. Here are her tips for having a good conversation:
- Stop what you are doing. Give the other person your full attention.
- Assume you have something to learn.
- Use open-ended questions.
- Go with the flow.
- Don’t pretend to know if you don’t know.
- Don’t repeat yourself.
- Don’t give too many details.
- Listen actively.
Check out her entertaining TED Talk on 10 ways to have a better conversation.