Reasons I Miss Home:
1. I can say ‘thongs’ in public without people thinking I’m talking about my underwear.
2. I am legal adult with a car, job and house. Here I’m just a ratty dorm kid whose only responsibility is to wake up 10 minutes before midday 3 days a week in order to attend class. Which is actually a pretty fantastic way to live, now I think about it.
3. Food is available that has not been coated in either oil or sugar. Or both.
4. I have my own room in which I can walk around wearing as many or as few clothes as I wish and listen to music at 3 am without disturbing my dorm roommate.
5. My family and friends, obviously. Skype, while awesome and free, just doesn’t cut it. And six months is a long time.