You know you are a QUT Gardens Point student, when…..

1. you know how many colour lights you have to cross from Queen Street to Gardens Point.
  2. you know how long exactly it would take to change those colour lights to green for pedestrians.
  3. you wait for the free shuttle bus to the city, because you don’t want to walk.
  4. you know how many Maccers are nearby and the shortcuts to get to them.
  5. you know how many MX newspaper stands are there from Gardens Point to Queen street and where exactly they are.
  6. you know that you have more chance of getting a computer in the S block rather than in the library.
  7. you know that you have to drive in at least before 9 a.m to find a park at the short term car park.
  8. you know that M block has the cleanest toilets.
  9. you have this perception that Gardens Point is better than Kelvin Grove, or never been to Kelvin Grove campus.
  10. you think that shady and comfy grass in the gardens point is a completely acceptable place to have a power nap.
  11. you think its fashion to bring in a cup of coffee, because it looks like you’ve been studying.
  12. you try to sneak in some food in the library 2nd level, because you aren’t allowed to eat near the computers but you’ve been starving all day
  13. you know alternate routes around the campus, to avoid people you don’t like meeting
  14. you know if you forget to bring the calculator for an accounting exam, you can casually run to the city and buy one. (Yes, that happened to me. Uni book shop was closed because it was a Saturday)
  15. you know that a fire-alarm goes off at least once a week, and only half the class return after the alarm.

I’m pretty sure everyone got one of them “you know you are uni student, when…..” moments. What’s yours?

Silvia

So true. I love it. My favourite number 15. Just happened recently. Unfortunately I wasn’t smart enough and went back to the lecture. Waste of 60 minutes because it was so boring.

• Avatar
      Hasitha

haha thanks Silivia and yeah, not many people tend to bother to return after a fire alarm.

Post_grad

Maccas? Really? Not to worry. It may take few years but you will eventually learn to broaden your palate. There are heaps of way better food options in the city for about the same cost.

• Avatar
      Hasitha

Yeah, I really should get into some healthy eating routine.

Emily

ha ha, that was funny as Hasitha! My favourite was also number 15… “you know that a fire-alarm goes off at least once a week, and only half the class return after the alarm.” ha ha, so true.
    my other favourite was “you think its fashion to bring in a cup of coffee, because it looks like you’ve been studying.”

you asked what was my “you know you are uni student, when…..” moment was. So, mine is…”you know that you’re a uni student when you wear daggy clothes to uni to look like you’ve been hardcore studying”.

Keep up the great work Hasitha 🙂

Catprog

I remember once when the whole campus lost power and people had to use their mobile phones cause the ones in the lift were not working.