Roasted Strawberry Shortbread Cheesecake

My cousin is a pig for cheesecake! It was her birthday back in August, and being slightly on the poor side I really didn’t want to go out and buy a gift. Rather I chose to make her an awesome cheesecake for her birthday. Check it out.

1. In a food processor, process one whole packet of Arnott’s Shortbread Cream biscuits. Add 90g of unsalted butter for texture, and process for about one minute until smooth. Place biscuit base in a 30cm lined flan plan. I lined the flan pan with cling wrap, this ensures the cheesecake will come out in one piece, which makes the presentation look so much better. Don’t bother trying to line the sides of the cheesecake; it really is too much trouble. Just line the bottom, and make sure base is flat. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes until base becomes firm (Don’t worry if you forget, it won’t freeze).

2. In a preheated oven of 180 degrees, place three punnets of hulled and halved strawberries with about 1/3 cup of raw sugar. Roast until strawberries are soft (about 15-20 minutes). Allow to cool.

3. While strawberries are cooling, we will begin to make the filling. Make sure you have two mixing bowls the same size available, as this cheesecake will have two layers, a vanilla cream one, and a roasted strawberry one as well. Have 375grams of Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temperature. Separate into two parts, one for each filling.

4. Add half the condensed milk from a 390gram can into one of the bowls with cream cheese. This will now be your vanilla filling. Add one tbsp. of vanilla essence, 1/2 cup of double cream, and the juice of half a lemon. Add a bit of rind of you like (I don’t like lemon rind). Mix well until combined and mixture is smooth. Dilute two tbsps. of gelatine with 50ml of boiling water, in a separate bowl. Once this begins to thicken, add to vanilla filling. Place this into prepared base, allowing to set for about 30 minutes – perfect time to make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, or Milo even.

5. Now for the strawberry filling. Add remaining condensed milk, 1/2 cup of double cream with cream cheese. Mix well until combined. Drain roasted strawberries prepared earlier, keeping juice. Add one cup of the strawberries into filling mix, and about three tbsps. of juice to get a pinkish colour. Mix until combined – don’t worry if the strawberries get blended. Dilute two tbsps. of gelatine with 50ml of boiling water, in a separate bowl. Once this begins to thicken add to strawberry filling. Place this into prepared base.

6. The cheesecake is almost complete. Allow to set in the fridge for at least three hours, or even overnight.

7. With the remaining drained roasted strawberries, I decorated the cheesecake. I placed the strawberries in the centre of the cheesecake and bought another punnet of strawberries to decorate the cheesecake edges. I sliced strawberries in half, and then cut a triangular piece from the bottom forming what looks like the shape of a heart. It’s a birthday present for a girl okay? HAHA!

I am pretty sure that is all. It is quite simple to make when you think about it. Let me know how you go. Oh and apologies in advance for the picture, it doesn’t come out well. It was from my mobile.

Michael

Erin

Oh my gosh! That looks sooooo yum! I’m so going to have to try it. 🙂

Leyla

Micheal I just found this months later. You are a god.