Happy Park(ing) Day

I don’t know if this will work. I’m not the most technology literate person, this is where blogger Luke should step in and help me out!! So I am writing this  blog on the premise the there is a link below that works.

Today is Park(ing) Day! Happy Park(ing) Day y’all!! No it doesn’t mean you get a nice wrapped present. It means, we as people can provide a gift to society. The gift of green, publically accessible green space. This is such a great cause, and a brilliant, innovative way of getting more and more people outdoors, away from the iHome, and iWork that we have become our systematic lives. QUEUE VIDEO.

PARK(ing) Day: User-Generated Urbanism from Brandon Bloch on Vimeo.

I know it’s today, but I hope you can spread this word around to your own social networks. This revolution would never have taken place if it wasn’t for the power of social media, the knowledge and creativity of the young mind, and of course the strength of generation y in advocating this cause. For more information, check out http://brisbaneparkingday.blogspot.com/

Have a brilliant weekend.

Luke

Just grabbed my Flip Cam and am heading down to check out the action!

• Avatar
      Claire

I unfortunately won’t get a chance to see it today so it would be great if you could post some videos/pictures from it! The ones by QUT is an assessment item for 3rd Year design students.

• Avatar
        Michael

o_O wow, and they are everywhere along george street!