Student life

Brisbane Festival 2019

The  Brisbane Festival held recently in September included heaps of activities, shows, comedy, technology, dance and many other things. Some of my highlights from the festival included attending the various circus and dance performances. I had a good laugh while watching a comedy show at QUT, and when I had to find my way out of a mirror maze at South Bank.  The amazing River of Light (laser and light show) show was fantastic.

This year, I was excited to visit the Fire Gardens conveniently located in the City Botanic Gardens (right next to QUT Gardens Point Campus). Held from the 11th to 14th of September, the gardens boasted sculptures that dance in flames, and I found myself lost in a garden of wonders and magic.

Additionally,  the famous Sunsuper Riverfire held on the 28th of September was fantastic. The spectacular fireworks lit the night along with amazing soundtracks that will be blasted throughout the show. This was one of the many events that I enjoyed tremendously – I simply could not take my eyes off the unique fireworks display. I suggest that you to take this opportunity and grab some friends along to view the fireworks display and have a wonderful night together next year.  Some spots that I highly recommend you to go to view the fireworks will be Kangaroo Point Cliffs, South Bank, and Eagle Street Pier.  September was indeed alive with colours, music and entertainment of all sorts, so be sure to check out the amazing line up of events from the official Brisbane Festival website and have a wonderful time!

nicola

After graduating from QUT International College I decided to take my passion for Dance further with a double degree in Dance and Education. While studying at QUT I have become actively involved in the local dance community and attend international dance competitions whenever possible. The QUT community is amazing, it has given me the confidence to try new things, which is something I’m really grateful for. My goals are to inspire others and impart my knowledge to future students who can grow and learn from my experience.

1 Comment