Professional Experience

2019 Asia Pacific Cities Summit

Hey guys, this is Sara sharing with you all about what I have experienced in this year’s Asia Pacific Cities Summit & Mayors’ Forum. It happened on the 7-10 July and I am honoured to be selected by QUT as one of the delegates out of 170 young professionals to attend 2019APCS. It was definitely by far the most remarkable event that I’ve participated in my uni life, I appreciate all these opportunities that I can gain at QUT.

For those who are not familiar with this event, it is a major business and civic forum happening every two years in different cities around the world and only happens every four years in Brisbane, Australia. It aims to provide a platform for governments and businesses to improve city governance and common concerns within the cities through the idea of innovation, liveability, mobility, and sustainability. I have heard from a lot of world-class keynote speakers such as the co-founder of Netflix, Marc Randolph as well as the former chief scientists of Amazon, Andreas Weigend, to name just two. As a young professional in this summit, I attended several topics workshops in regards to our main four focuses: innovation, liveability, mobility, and sustainability of cities. All these tailored programs enlightened my cognition in an insightful policy-making and city planning which is related to our lives and business decisions.

My impression of the Asia Pacific Cities Summit and Mayors’ Forum was pretty intensive yet fantastic. Not only did I have all the time to network and build up my industry connections, but also gained a couple of amazing chances to have dinner with local councillors and other region’s mayors. Please enjoy the video that I filmed and edited for this event, words may not be enough for me to express how valuable this summit was to me, I highly suggest students join it if you got a chance!

sara

As an international student coming from Hong Kong, I decided to study Business majoring in Marketing. As a Marketing student, it’s a craving for the fun, exciting and to get a challenging job! In my spare time, I particularly enjoy editing videos and taking photographs as I find it to be really enjoyable! As a former club leader for the QUT International community, it taught me so many interpersonal skills and I am proud to be an International student. I am also a fun, talkative person so if you see me on the street, don’t hesitate to talk to me. Stayed tuned for my upcoming posts!