Support Services

QUT International Student Services

Have you heard of the QUT International Student Services (QUTISS)? This service caters to all international students studying at QUT and they can help you in a variety of ways – such as assisting you with finding suitable accommodation, organising school trips to take a break from your hectic school life, and providing personal advice and counselling if needed.

PS. If you are a current QUT or QUITC student, be sure to check your emails frequently for their newsletter and updates.

Today I will be sharing with you some experiences I have had with QUT ISS . It is certainly very daunting to be arriving in a foreign country when not knowing anyone. I am glad to say that QUT ISS made it easier for me to settle in. Upon arriving in Brisbane airport I received free airport reception service by ISS  and they drove me to my accommodation. This service is free for new international students arriving in Brisbane and $110 for current international students. I was so happy to receive a welcome pack from a representative and had a wonderful time striking a conversation with the driver. I felt so at ease as I did not need to worry about transport ( especially after sitting on the plane for over 8 hours) and I had somebody to talk to.

The other experience with ISS was a memorable trip to the Gold Coast. Last year when I first arrived in Brisbane, I was still new to Queensland and had not made many friends. While scrolling through my school email, I stumble upon the QUTISS newsletter and found that they were organising a school trip down to the Gold Coast. I took this opportunity to meet new friends, as well as to explore more of Queensland. At a reasonable price, QUT ISS took us to various attractions and locations including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Surfers Paradise, and even to the border between Queensland and New South Wales! How interesting was that? I remembered that the  QUT ISS guide told us that if you were lucky, you were able to read NSW’s time zone off your phone screens instead of Queensland’s.  We all had a good laugh when we tried to shake our phones to see if we could achieve that! I had fun meeting new people which made me feel more comfortable. I managed to snap some beautiful pictures of both scenery and the Australian animals. This was a great start to my Foundation Year at QUTIC and I am glad that QUT ISS was there to make us all feel almost at home.

Last but not least, to the new international students coming to Brisbane and haven’t found suitable accommodation, don’t stress QUT ISS is here to help you and give advice. They will provide you with a wide variety of accommodation options and you can pick what suits you the best. Further, if you need help with financial support or employment-related issues, feel free to talk to the QUT ISS team and they will help you.

QUT ISS is a service that international students should be aware of. Not only do they post tips and provide support in different ways, but they also host various events, trips and workshops to keep you occupied and have fun outside of your studies. Be sure to check them out while studying.

Known to her peers and family as a happy go lucky girl, Nicola loves to spread positive vibes and explore new places of interests during her free time. Coming from Singapore, a tropical island city, Nicola loves to hang out at the beach to take a dip or hit the books. She has a strong passion for dance and hopes to inspire others through this art form. She also hopes to share with fellow students a more comprehensive knowledge on the beauty of the Queensland state, as well as school life here amidst the hustle and bustle of the Brisbane city.