Life in Australia

Brisbane Art Festival 2019

Are you an art lover? Or are you finding ways to take a break from your assignments and examination preparations? Get ready because you are about to be immersed in a world of art and design. Don’t miss the Brisbane Art Festival 2019 exhibitions, performances, talks, art tours, workshops and open studio spreads across 25 venues including the CBD, West End, Fortitude Valley, Highgate Hill, South Brisbane, Woolloongabba and Bowen Hills.

PS: Check out https://brisbaneartdesign.com.au/about/ for specific locations

Some of the major attractions include the Bioluminous Walking at the City Botanic Gardens where you can encounter a series of native animal projections after dark, BADtours at Fish Lane especially for both art and food lovers and Street Art cycling tour where you get a chance to enjoy a slew of various artworks whilst cycling.

Note: These are just some of the different events you could attend, but if you would like to find out more, visit https://brisbaneartdesign.com.au/whats-on/ .

What I enjoyed about this particular festival was that I got to enjoy a wide variety of unique art pieces that showcases the creative and artistic side of Brisbane. I especially loved the BAD tours held in the City Botanic Gardens at night as I was able to be immersed in a garden full of beautifully illuminated projections. I had a great time with my friends walking around the Botanic Garden and took this moment to relax after a long day at Uni, and we simply gazed in awe at the unique installations. If you missed this year’s festival, be sure to participate next year along with your friends as I can assure you will definitely have a wonderful time with them.

Known to her peers and family as a happy go lucky girl, Nicola loves to spread positive vibes and explore new places of interests during her free time. Coming from Singapore, a tropical island city, Nicola loves to hang out at the beach to take a dip or hit the books. She has a strong passion for dance and hopes to inspire others through this art form. She also hopes to share with fellow students a more comprehensive knowledge on the beauty of the Queensland state, as well as school life here amidst the hustle and bustle of the Brisbane city.

1 Comment