More students make QUT their first choice
QUT is the university of choice for more than a quarter of QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre)applicants, about half of these are Queensland school leavers. Science, information technology, maths and business degrees seems to be the most popular degrees with a large increase of students waiting to study double degrees
MIT Bootcamp provides students with valuable entrepreneurial skills
The internationally renowned MIT Innovation and Entrepreneurship Bootcamp at QUT has given more than 90 entrepreneurs from around the world the skills to take their innovative ideas to the next level.
Held at Gardens Point campus in February in partnership with the Queensland’s Government Advance Queensland initiative.The bootcamp saw the innovators from 30 different countries team up with each other to identify a problem and build a start-up business to solve it.
Alicia’s real-world experience
Meet Alicia Tan, a Malaysian student studying a Bachelor of Creative Industries (Entertainment Industries Major) course at QUT. She shares her student journey and also reveals what it’s like working part-time and doing an internship in Brisbane.
First uni eSport scholarships awarded
Five QUT students have been chosen to receive the first Australian university scholarships offered to eSports athletes along with a position on the QUT Tigers competing in the League of Legends Oceanic Challenger Series.
The students will each receive the $10,000 scholarships offered under the QUT Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship program in the elite athlete category.
More Important Updates
- Master of IT student from Singapore shares her story (video)
- Use LinkedIn to enhance your future success
- Sri Lankan student excels in QUT engineering course (video)
- QUT shows keen high school students the future of a STEM career
- Interested in doing an Honours program? Read Pricilia’s story on our blog
- Five benefits of undertaking an internship
- Public holidays in Australia explained
- Download the Brisbane International Student Guide
- Discover the 9th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art