Sydney gets better the second time

Especially in the beginning of summer.

I felt lucky, with time and prodigious boundary size of mine dragged me to be able to explore. I mean, everywhere in Australia clearly is not a cheap destination compared to my travels to local cities in Indonesia. But there I was, graduating soon enough and I’m going to explore the city one last time in a while.

The holiday started out by hunting a promotional airplane ticket by Tiger Airways; TigerAir Tuesday, where they discount the price every now and then for certain dates. The ticket was $150 return Brisbane – Sydney. The budget trip took us to another level; we rented out a private room hostel in Kings Cross Station (we didn’t know then it was a party area, there was loud music now and then but we were pretty much a heavy sleeper), Astoria Pop Space. The place was near the Kings Cross train station and the train is pretty much the most effective public transport the whole time I was there. The time spent was 4 nights.

The first day we arrived quite late, so the only thing we explored was dinner around Kings Cross. We found this underground restaurant, looked much like a bar as the place was so dark. Turned out to be Ms.G’s Restaurant, the best asian fusion restaurant I’ve ever tried in my life. As an asian, the recipe is approved. Best food: Cheeseburger Springroll, Silken Tofu, and Baby snapper with sambal balado.

The next day we spent the whole day as a tourist and did a lot of photoshoot. I like to take pictures more than taken, so here are the photographs I took, mostly of my weird friends Amanda Indriani and Sara Setiadi.

Mr. Wong. A popular Chinese restaurant that I think is overrated and overpriced.

Wendy’s Secret Garden with a gem view of the Harbour Bridge

Hoping around Luna Park

Different shades of Amanda and Sara. Click on each pictures to see more of them with Opera House wall details on the background. A good spot to express yourself in front of the camera and take action behind one!

Opera House in the golden hour.. is so great for my Canon EOS40D to be in action!

Different shades of Amanda and Sara.
Opera House wall details on the background. A good spot to express yourself in front of the camera and take action behind one!

Sunset session was over and we sipped Sauvignon Blanc with oysters for share together with this view!

The next day, the day started off with brunch at Fish Market. We had a fight though with a bunch of seagulls and an ibis who decided to take three slices of fresh salmons off our plates! lol it was so fun nonetheless.

Tumbalong Playground Park. We spent the afternoon eating McDonalds $0.75 ice cream while sitting down on the side, planning on how to slide on the playground slide without destroying the children’s dreams, and also talking about marriage… how we’re going to face adultery and many other dark stuff.. WHOOPS! however we ended up playing on the playground and not give a damn about that part of life, and kept thinking like a child because we’re on holidays~ haha!

Tumbalong Playground Park

Well the day didn’t end there, but I went to a rock show afterwards. It was Neck Deep in Metro Theatre, Sydney. I don’t have pictures but I have some videos that I will keep to myself and my instagram for 24 hours. 🙂

The next day, we needed fresher air.

Ramen Kan

It’s true that hanging around the beach makes you hungry at the end. So we went off directly back to town, Chinatown, to try one of the best ramen known to asian people in the city~ Ramen Kan. IT’S SO GOOD.

The last day was spent in Grounds of Alexandria for both brunch and coffee hour. The place is too crowded, but we were too tired to explore while tagging along our three suitcases.

Grounds of Alexandria

Your feminine side will definitely go out when you’re here, it’s all garden and being cute. They managed to blow out a snow in the middle of the day in the christmas aisle. It was hot that day, but the glass houses filled with plants kept us lukewarm.

Raspberry Chocolate Mousse. I’ve never been a good fan of a mousse but this ones exceptional.

Since one of the chef is a friend of ours, she ended up bringing her recipe for us, a recipe that she brought to the restaurant; Mango Parfait! It tasted amazing.

We were accompanied by Fluffy, the house’s bird pet! He just sat there without anything to tie him, he was just amongst us minding his own business with the passionfruit that he showed off on purpose.

For more picture, head to my flickr account.

This girls trip is just what I needed while waiting for graduation. Cheers to these two!

-pcs