Yeay! Some of us are graduating!
QUT provided the international graduating students with a workshop on the last week of September 2018. For those of you who missed it, here are some information provided in the two-hour session. It’s so simple!
- You can view your graduation details on HiQ > Study Tab > Graduation where the website provided steps to follow for graduation registration, dates, official documents and qualifications, information for international students and others. [did you know that your family and friends can live stream your graduation if they can’t make it? The option’s also in the tab!]
- Check your eligibility. Visit your faculty to confirm you are on track to graduate, clear all sanctions, advanced standing should have been applied, correct majors, cross institutional credit should have also been applied- make sure you are potentially complete!
- Update all personal details online before 30 November 2018. Just go to Personal Profile where you can update your name, mailing address, external/ personal email, phone number in your country. Make sure your details are right, particularly your name- it’s going to be printed that way!
- Ceremony registration will be open on November 19 to December 5 2018.
- Graduation invitation for Visa for family members. You can email ASKQUT firstname.lastname@example.org for this. Include in your email: who the letter is required for, the country where they are traveling from, and travel dates.
- Collection of parchments, to be collected after December 18 2018. This is the legal document you get after graduation.
o Third Party Authorisation [TPA] form must be submitted online or at HiQ on campus, if needed.
o Email ASKQUT before December 5 2018 asking for collection by nominated person listed on TPA form [only if needed]. When third person comes to collect, nominated person must bring a photo ID
o Parchment should be verified; can be done at the ceremony or at HiQ after the ceremony. It is free of charge. This is needed for visa and immigration purposes.
- On the day of graduation, arrive early; two hours before ceremony. The graduation gown is an open one, make sure you wear a nice outfit!
- If you are studying on a student visa, it is important that you:
o Make sure your address details are correct in HiQ
o Check your passport and visa label [if applicable] or e-visa print out to review visa’s expiry date OR check the Visa Entitlement Verification Online [VEVO system in the Dept of Home Affairs (DHA) website]. If required, apply for a new visa before your current visa expires.
Further information? Go to QUT HiQ.