Study Abroad: the Good, Bad or So-so? (Part 2)

Part 2: The Bright Side

Well, I did not expect my second part would take that long to come up with (interrupted by my assignments haha) but yeah, here I go again!

Hi guys, it’s Ha and this is the second chapter of my student life in Brisbane. This part will be all about the fun stuff I’m doing as an international student and what I really enjoy.

Brisbane International Student Ambassador/Volunteering

These are some of the best experiences I’ve had so far. As an ambassador, what we do is to get access to heaps of fun events and festivals around Brisbane, do volunteering and share our journey with the students around the world.

Brisbane International Student Ambassadors Appointment Ceremony

Gen[in] Hackathon – Solving Student Issues

Lord Mayor’s Friendship Ceremony

Myriad 2018

Luminous Lantern Parade

Bris Fes 2018

Brisbane is an energetic young city with many events and festivals happening all year around. My advice for freshmen? Never underestimate any opportunities.

Sunny Days

Who don’t love a sunny day? 

Chilling by the river

The beautiful Queensland is called the Sunshine State for a reason. The weather in Brisbane is definitely one of the nicest things. I used to live for 18 years in Hanoi, where the winter is very cold, and was familiar with it. However, since coming to Brisbane, I have become a tropical person who cannot stand the coldness or even the wind blowing for just a second.

Near my house

Way to uni

Travelling

Easy access to travelling around is one of my favourite things in Queensland. By plane, train, bus, bike or on foot, everything is possible here.

On a train

Famous with beautiful beaches and pristine islands, Queensland is the best place for students to go around only with a limited budget to capture their moments and enjoy themselves after busy weeks studying.

Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast

Sunrise in North Straddie Island

It can be just a one-day trip to Gold Coast, a two-day trip to North Stradbroke Island or even a one-week vacation to Cairns – the gateway to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef during the midterm break.

Multiculturalism

It would be a lie if I say everyone here is always welcoming and make you feel at home. It’s never been easy for international students to adapt to a new environment and start their adventure with all the barriers in the culture and language.

However, what I love about Brisbane is how it makes that process become easier by offering the cultural diversity and allowing you to meet many amazing people from different backgrounds who are all willing to support and connect with you.

We are all from different countries

Celebrating multiculturalism

Multiculturalism is so wonderful that can bring you lots of benefits as long as you believe in your own cultural values and respect others’ differences.

So, this is the very second part of my journey as a QUTie. Can’t wait to share my upcoming adventure with you guys soon (fingers crossed for my coming deadlines 😂).

See y’all in my next blog post!