Experience Brisbane without spending money

Hi everyone, I am Frame and I’m from Thailand.Currently I’m stuyding a master’s degree in Business. Today I would like to talk about “How to experience Brisbane without spending money” That’s great, right?…

I came to Brisbane on 26 June 2017, almost one year ago. I really like Brisbane because there are many places and events to experience on the weekend, relaxing or just hanging out with friends. Also, people are so friendly which I’ve discovered attending some events seeing people smiling, laughing and be happy.

If we talk about the Brisbane lifestyle, I am sure that nearly all people would say that it’s “SLOW LIFE”.  In my opinion it is true  because most people in Brisbane like to go out or have a picnic,enjoying a relaxing weekend in the park, free from stress.

Before my exams in June I just wanted to relax. I discovered a great event called “Picnics in Botanic Gardens” which was held every weekend in May.

The PICNIC event was a smaller gathering held on a weekend afternoon. It had  local bands, food trucks, and lots of spaces for having lunch and dancing. It was really nice!

After attending the picnic, around 4 pm, I went for a walk, crossing the bridge which goes from Gardens Point QUT campus to Kangaroo point. As you can see from the pictures, it was almost time  for sunset, which is around 5pm in winter.

If you look at this side on the bridge, you can see Kangaroo point.

The other side is South bank.

After 15 minutes, I arrived at Kangaroo point to watch the sunset. This place  is also great for relaxing and exercising.

The sun was gone.

View under the trees

View under the trees

This picture was taken on 19 May 2018.

When I got back to the city, I walked through the Gardens Point QUT campus again. There was some magical fig trees covered in fairy lights. They are incredibly beautiful trees at night and also a very romantic place. This is one of my favorite places in Brisbane.

This is a picture on my Instagram. I took the picture on 22 July 2017.  It was just a small tree.

There are many other things in Brisbane that you can experience without having to pay money.

You can find out more information from Facebook, Instagram, QUT website and other social media.

Hope you guys enjoy my story 🙂

Nilesh

Wonderful writeup. I am a true Brisbane fan like Frame. Brisbane living, weather and people are tge best