A little break before final :)

Hello, everyone! I am Kayan from Hong Kong, currently studying my Bachelor Degree in Creative Industries (major in media and communication). Very happy to say, this is my first blog post! Yeah! I’m one of the new international student bloggers sharing my stories with you this semester, and I hope that you will stay on the journey with me.

The final exams and assignments are soon here. Some students may feel stressful or panicking about their study, if you are, I recommended that you have a little break on Saturday or Sunday to recharge your energy, and refresh your mind.

Last Saturday, I visited Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary with my friends to give myself a little break. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is an amazing place located in Fig Tree Pocket, not far from the city. If you depart from the city, you can take bus number 445 or 430, it takes only 30 minutes to get there. If you are more than 2 people, I suggested that you call an uber, because it is more convenient and time-saving.

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is open 9am-5pm, 7 days a week. It is still the world’s oldest and largest koala sanctuary today and a paradise for animals lovers. You can find a diversity of animals, such as koalas, kangaroos, emus, the Tasmanian devil, platypus, dingo, wombats, crocodiles and many more.

We were able to “cuddle” a koala and hand-feed kangaroos, you can buy a $2 kangaroo food pack to get closer to them. Food always is a friendly sign to almost everyone on earth!

Look at that! The baby kangaroo is drinking its mother’s milk, how lovely.

Welcome to the Kangaroo Kingdom, how many kangaroos can you see?

After visiting these lovely animals, we all felt a bit hungry, and we decided to go to my favourite place, Eat Street Market to have dinner. Eat Street is the food paradise for a foodie like me, they have over 70 vendors that offer delicious dishes from all over the world. Open 4- 10 pm on every Friday and Saturday, and 12noon-8pm on Sunday’s.

You can jump on the City Cat ferry from the city terminal and it will take you straight to the Brett’s Wharf stop. It’s only a short walk to the market and if you haven’t been to Eat Street before just follow the crowd, because everyone is coming for food!

Eat street has an entry fee of $3 per person, but it’s totally worth it. You can enjoy food, bar, dance performance, live band and movies. The atmosphere there is super great, I really enjoyed it.

This is the Teppanyaki Noodle bu Takumi, love it!

We ate the noodle, bbq pork, deep-fried potato, Malaysia chicken rice,  and seafood paella. Then, we finished off with a banana chocolate pancake. I had a good day and was so satisfied with this little break. Good night, everyone! See you next time!