Travelling to Melbourne

Last holiday, I traveled to Melbourne, the sixth city I’ve visited in Australia. First of all, I just want to say I LOVE BRISBANE after I finished the trip because the weather is much better than Melbourne’s! lol

My trip was in November, when Brisbane is warm and people are enjoying outdoor activities. However, at the same time in Melbourne, it was only 9°C, which made me feel like I was back in a country in the northern hemisphere.

Royal Exhibition Building

Although the weather wasn’t as good as  Brisbane’s, there are still many excellent tourist places that I would like to share with everyone.

1. Great Ocean Road

Great Ocean Road is one of the world’s most scenic coastal drives, where you can see the 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, and take in iconic surf breaks, pristine rain forest and misty waterfalls. After visiting this place, I have to say it’s definitely a place you must visit!

2. Puffing Billy Railway

I still remembered when I chatted with my Airbnb house owner, a Melbourne local, about this tourist attraction. She told me she went there as a little girl and  it is a perfect place for family, kids, and tourists. Puffing Billy was built more than 100 years ago and the purpose was to enhance the economic development of the countryside. Now the railway have become Australia’s premier preserved steam railway still in use. Tourists can enjoy the amazing views and the history by taking the trainride.

3. Melbourne City

Some people say that Melbourne city is just like “a big fashion show stage”. There are many beautiful corners, buildings, churches, parks, or markets in this city. For example, Queen Victoria Market, Royal Exhibition Building, Federation Square are all the attractions where tourist can go. Just walking around the city and you will definitely find some places you like!

Queen Victoria Market

The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant

Have you ever been to Melbourne? Do you like it? Feel free to share your experience below and don’t forget to keep following this QUT blog! 🙂