Ekka fun

This year is my third year in Brisbane and it is also my third time going to The Royal Queensland Show (Ekka).

Ekka is Queensland’s largest annual event which is held over ten full days in August at the heart of Brisbane. Visitors would have a chance to experience the best of Queensland with some carnival fun, animal competitions, award-winning food and wine, stunt performance and etc.

This year was a last minute plan to go for Ekka. I bought the concession ticket online which costed me $24 (Tips: It is slightly cheaper to buy the tickets online than the ticket counter). However, you can buy even cheaper ticket from a few travel agencies if you plan to go in advance.

Photo: This strawberry sundae could be the icon of Ekka. You shouldn’t miss it as it really tastes yummy!

Photo: You would have the chance to get very close to the animals.

Photo: Horse demonstrations.

Photo: There are various types of rides to play at Ekka if you are keen. However, the entrance ticket doesn’t include playing the rides. You may have to buy individual ticket for the specific ride.

Photo: Showbag Pavillion is the place where you can buy the various types of showbags.

Photo: People were having some fun games to win the prizes.

Photo: The stunt performance at the main arena.

Photo: My favourite session of Ekka. The fireworks at the end of the day are incredibly spectacular. You shouldn’t miss it!

Photo: Ekka is the headlines news every year.

Even though this year has already been my third time in a row going to Ekka, I still have great fun with friends!