LDI Training Institute 2017

Every year, QUT hosts a 5-day intensive program for passionate LDIers where we are whisked away to a “camp” and immerse ourselves in leadership concepts and explore and extend our capacity as leaders. This year, the Training Institute was hosted at Kindilan Outdoor Education Centre in Redland Bay and consisted of around 80 students, plus facilitators and counsellors.

We are not given very much information on what to expect at camp, and what the guidance leaflet told us was to “expect anything”. While this was mildly irritating for someone who delves into information pre-event so that I’m prepared for what’s to come, I can assure you that I’m glad I was unprepared.

I’m not going to give you specifics of what happened at the 5-day camp, because that will only take away from your own learning experience should you choose to go.

As far as my opinion goes, it was an excellent week where I learned more about myself, my own take on leadership and how to be a better leader from my friends and peers. While this may all sound vaguely superficial, ask anyone who has been to the Training Institute and they will mostly mirror this opinion.

What I learned at this intensive is definitely not something I would have learned by attending all the LDI workshops at uni, simply because at camp, we learn by doing. We learn from ourselves and we apply it during the week.

The cost of this camp is $100 all-inclusive.

For anyone considering attending this, if you’re working in the capacity of a leader and looking to improve, if you’re somehow seeking a deeper understanding of how we fit (or don’t fit) into the bigger picture, or are just curious as to what happens at this uber-secret intensive, just go!! I highly recommend it!

Should you need any more incentive, here are some shots of the beautiful space we were in… and the beautiful people I met there.

courtesy of the LDI TI 2017 Facebook page.

For more information on LDI, visit https://www.student.qut.edu.au/jobs-and-careers/leadership-and-development/leadership-development-and-innovation-program