After-exam Getaway to Gold Coast

Although I have been in Australia for two years, I have only been to Gold Coast about three times. Among them, I went to the theme park twice and surfers paradise once.

This time, I went to the beach area with my friend from Melbourne as she really wanted to have some fresh seafood there and check out the beach.

It has been about six months since I saw her last time and we talked a lot about our university life, future plans and career options while sitting on the sand.

The beach at surfers paradise goes all the way to where we can’t even trace. The coastal line is the longest that I have ever seen. Due to the cold weather, not many people were swimming in the water.

We then took a bus to Burleigh Heads Beach which is on the same coastal line to surfers paradise. To our surprise, there were much more surfers here.

It’s a pleasure to just take a seat on the grass and watch them challenge themselves and conquer the wave.

We also meet with a group of tourists from Sichuan, China, my friends’ home city. They all seemed to enjoy the view a lot.

I used to think those high buildings are CBD area in Gold Coast. But it turns out that they are all hotels or apartment. In spite of that, they blended into the surrounding very well and the view we saw from Burleigh Heads seemed almost like a miracle.

If you have a friend coming to visit you in Queensland, definitely check out Gold Coast!