Melbourne City Tour: See It In One Day

Dear readers,

One of my friends who was studying in Melbourne recently visited me and it reminded me that I haven’t wrote anything about my Melbourne trip yet. So today I will take you with me on a one-day fully packed Melbourne city tour.

When talking about Melbourne, what do you think of?

Taking a photo among the cool graffiti ūüôā

Chilling in a cafe with beautiful cakes?

Checking out the famous Flinders Street Station?

There are indeed so many things to see and do in the city. Let’s go!

8:00 am

I choose to start the day with a nice walk along the Yarra River. The trees, flowers and people make this city so vibrant along with the flowing water.

9:30 am

Get some breakfast in a relaxing cafe. Melbourne is famous for its coffee, so you can just walk into one with a lot of locals sitting inside and it won’t disappoint you.

10:30 am

Check out some local markets and crafts. The most famous one there is Queen Victoria Market where you can find all sorts of food and local crafts. They even have their own website and you know what? The trading hour is 5 days a week!

12:00 pm

Let’s get some street food at market! This time, let’s try¬†german sausage and sauerkraut!

1:00 pm

If you want to dig deep into the culture and history behind this city and know how it turned from a gold-rush town into the modern metropolitan, check out the Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building, state library and the historical arcade.

4:00 pm

The China Town in  Melbourne is a lot larger compared with the one in Brisbane and some of the restaurant sell really authentic Chinese dishes. If you like Chinese food, this will be a must-see.

6:00 pm

The place I live is on the edge of the city. Therefore I chose to walk home simply because I want to feel part of the community, checking out what is happening on the street and slow myself down to enjoy the beauty of the city.

Tram is a very continent way to travel in the city for free

Street artist performing drum with such enthusiasm

South bank in Melbourne

I enjoyed my short stay at Melbourne a lot because this city gave me a new perspective and feeling. It’s different from Brisbane but also similar in some way I can’t really explain.

So now my one-day city tour officially came to an end, next time let’s hit the countryside and explore more of the rough and tough side!