Travel Alone Can Be Fun – Sydney Part 2

I talked about the first day of my Sydney trip in the previous blog. This time I will share with you what I did in the second and third day.

• Day 2

My second day is composed of a whole day walk among Darling Harbour, Paddy’s Markets and NSW State Library. I also accidentally walked into a lot of other places on my way.

I came across this beautiful Chinese Garden right next to the Darling harbour. It brought me a sense of peace and there were a lot of tourists sitting on the rock and enjoy the blooming lotus.

You can also write down your wishes on the pink paper and hang it up. It was a pleasure to read the nice wishes of other people and be touched by their positiveness and kindness.

• Day 3

I was chatting with the girls living in the same room with me in the hostel the night before and we were talking about our plan for the next day. It turned our that they wanted to join me for the costal walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach.

We got up early on the day and took a bus to Bondi Beach. The weather was very good, sunny with a little breeze.

Luthyda, Layla and I were about to start our 3-hour hike.

Luthyda is from China and currently on her working holiday in Australia.

Layla is from Germany and about to leave Australia after working for one year to commence her midwifery course in Germany.

The view along the costal line is just amazing. You can see so many tourists or locals either enjoying the sunshine on the beach, surfing or working out.

Isn’t life beautiful? 

If you are into nature, definitely check out the costal walk. If is refreshing, beautiful and free.

However, do remember to put on a lot of sunscreen. You can burn pretty bad after three hour in the sun. That’s the lesson I learnt.

My 3-day getaway to Sydney came to an end finally and I had to say farewell to the new friends I met there. Not sure whether we will come across in life ever again, but I guess this is the beauty of travelling alone. You will always meet new friends if you open yourself up. It is amazing to be friends with other people who are so different from you, yet share the same value with you.

I will come back to do the costal walk again in the future, definitely!