Travel Alone Can Be Fun – Sydney Part 1

After one year and a half in Brisbane, Australia. Finally I decided to explore other states in Australia.

I booked my ticket on Jetstar, which is a budget airline. The return ticket cost me around $120. Before my departure, I also book a youth hostel in the centre of Sydney, and the price is about $30 per night.

Even though I’m travelling alone this time, I wasn’t too worried because first Australia is a really safe country and second, you can meet new friends who are also travelling alone. And a good place to meet them is in hostel.

I spend the first two days in Sydney mainly walking around the city. If you haven’t been to Sydney, let me tell you, the CBD there is so big and there are so much things to explore.

St Mary Cathedral near Hyde Park

After arriving in the afternoon, I took a long stroll nearby. When walking past a park, later I know it’s Hyde Park, this beautiful cathedral came into my view. I took a look inside and there was an event happening.

Then I walked past the botanic garden, like the one in Brisbane, people like taking wedding pictures there.

Inside the botanic garden

When I kept walking, I saw a pathway similar to the Brisbane riverside walk. Enjoying the terrific river view and breathing the fresh air, I couln’t believe this walkaway leaded me Sydney Opera House.

The view you can see along the pathway

The Opera House and Harbour Bridge are right in front of me. I couldn’t believe this breath-taking moment and that a random walk leaded me here.

Seagulls were enjoy the gentle breeze like I did.

🙂

I took lots of pictures and some video clips. While I was taking pictures, quite a few people walked up to me and kindly asked me to take pictures for them. As a return, they also offered to take me pictures too.

It is truely a multi-national city. You can see so many tourist and hear various languages. What surprised me is that they city took Chinese New Year to an official level. You can see the Chinese New Year vibe everywhere including giant rooster statue in front of the Opera House, giant Chinese Animal Lanterns from Circular Key all the way to the Rocks.

When it got darker and darker, you could see the beautiful lanterns shining under the moon. Overwhelmed by the astonishing view, I took a seat opposite the Opera House and enjoyed music street artists were playing and got ready to leave for hostel.

In the following days, I went to the Chinese Garden in Darling Harbour, met two friends in the hostel and took a long hiking along the coastal line from Bundi Beach all the way to Coogee Beach. It was hot, it was fun and it was the best part of the trip!

I will talk about the beautiful costal line in my next blog, stay tuned!