My volunteering experience with RSPCA

I attended QUT Skilled Volunteering Expo and signed up for a few organizations that I am interested in. After signing up, I received the emails when they need volunteers for the events.

I had a lot of free time after finishing the final exams so I registered my name to volunteer as the photographer for Santa Paws Christmas market by RSPCA QLD.

The RSPCA is an independent, non-government community-based charity providing animal care and protection services. The RSPCA’s mission is to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. If you would like to know more about RSPCA, here is the link for you: https://www.rspca.org.au/

Basically you can find all types of things related to pets in the RSPCA superstore.

If you want to have a pet and believe that you will be able to take good care of them, adoption is a pretty good idea.

There are seven reasons why you should choose adoption. So think about adoption!

Some fun facts about the dogs’ age when comparing to human years.

The following photos are the cute dogs in the RSPCA adoption centre at that time.

Other than dogs, there are also cats in the RSPCA adoption centre.

People can have their pet’s photo taken with the one and only RSPCA’s Santa Paws on that day and also do some Christmas shopping for their pets.

The dogs were clad in with the Christmas accessories by their owners and waiting for the photos to be taken.

This little cutie pie wore the fancy clothes. How adorable is it!

The following photos are some other cute dogs I met during the event.

This little one was sniffing my camera haha!

Happy dog and the happy owner.

Two cutie pies.

Not only the pets, kids also have a lot of fun during the day.

The team is there to help you if you need any.

My volunteering experience with RSPCA was great. If you have time and feel like doing something meaningful, think about volunteering.

Sidebar: I met with other RSPCA volunteers during my morning run along Brisbane River at South Bank. The volunteers were strolling with the dogs for adoption in RSPCA.

Everyone is welcome to get close with the dogs and have fun with them if you are keen.