Choosing a university

Eight Inc. workshop with QUT students and staff

I recently attended a workshop hosted by Eight Inc. to discuss about a new project aimed atĀ improving students’ learning experience at QUT, with both QUT staff and my fellow students.

Yaw talking about his experience as a QUT Connector

Eight Inc. is a design company based in Singapore. Most of the designers are from the States. I guess QUT chose to work with this design company because of the new perspective a foreign company can bring to us.

During the whole day-workshop, lots of interesting conversation was generated among the attendees.

This workshop gives us students a lot of opportunities to talk about our ideas

When asked about what makes QUT different from other universities, students talked about their experience of the real world focus that QUT has. For example, QUT offers students many work placement opportunities. I also talked about how QUT encourages students to take part in different programs on campus and forms a partnership with students to deliver different kinds of programs.

dsc00421

dsc00415

I’m a bit nervous at the beginning of the workshop because most of the attendees are QUT staff on a senior level and there were only five students including me. But I’m amazed at how all the staff tried to talk to us and ask our opinion on a lot of the things.

I’m glad I attended this workshop and generated some meaningful conversation with other people on how to improve students’ experience!

In 2015 I came to Australia and became an international student here. Ever since then I started my journey of getting more engaged in university, seeking internship and making more friends. I always strive to live in the moment because time is really short for us international students!