Living in Brisbane

Discover Brisbane: South Bank

Hello readers. Being a student is not only about studying (although that is still a very important part of it). Sometimes you need to give yourself some free time to discover a new area. Across the river from QUT’s Gardens Point campus lies South Bank, one of my favourite places to go in Brisbane. Here are a couple of things I recommend doing while you’re there:

Art Galleries

QAGOMA

If you are a fan of the arts, then you are in luck. South Bank is home to both the Queensland Art Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art . There are always a number of exhibitions on display that are constantly changing, so there is always something new to see.

Streets Beach

Streets Beach

When you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Streets Beach is the perfect escape. Just lay on the sand, relax, and take a break.

Collective Markets 

Collective Market

I am a big fan of markets, and will try to visit any that I come to know of. The Collective Markets at Stanley Street Plaza is a must go if you happen to be at South Bank. There is always something interesting to see at the stalls. The market is held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

No matter when you go to South Bank, there is always something happening. Click here to keep updated on what’s on.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. If you would like to share your experiences or have any questions, please feel free to comment. 

Till next time, Iman.