Energy markets of the future

I was recently invited by the United Nations to give a keynote address—titled “Uberizing Energy: How Digital Technologies will Change the Competitive Landscape of the Energy Sector”—at the UN’s Resource Management Week event in Geneva, Switzerland.  

My presentation explained how the energy markets of the future will probably look significantly different from how they look today. An abstract for the talk is available here: http://www.unece.org/energy/se/egrm/lecture_uberizing_energy.html

Being a part of this gave me a great chance to meet policymakers and energy industry executives from around the world and, in the wake of the talk and the ensuing discussions, I was invited to be a member of the UN’s Expert Group – Resources and Energy (an unpaid position that will happen in tandem to my day job at QUT).

* * * *

Rob Perrons is facilitating two workshops on managing technological innovation later this year, focussing on asset-intensive industries in September, and the resource & mining sector in November. Don’t miss your opportunity to learn how you can get better results from your organisation’s innovation-related activities.

Mike Younger

Interesting presentation Rob. Since completing my MBA I now spend a lot of my time advising Power and Utilities on managing Cyber Risk in Operational Technology. Exciting times..