With a little over a month of my Hong Kong exchange remaining…

My exchange experience in Hong Kong continues to be filled with valuable opportunities for development.

Last weekend, I competed in the Hong Kong Joint University Case Competition. We were given 48-hours to develop and deliver a solution on a business problem and we competed against 16 teams from Hong Kong’s top business schools, including Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Hong Kong University. My team progressed to the grand final and received 3rd place overall.

I participated in the Hong Kong Entrepreneurship Adventure Programme. Over two-days, we workshopped and guided by industry mentors developed our HealthTech Start-up idea. At the end of the programme, we had the opportunity to present a 5-minute pitch to programme participants and mentors.

I also attended the TEDx HKBU event. I was particularly impressed to hear Associate Professor and Convener of the Women’s Studies Research Centre at the Hong Kong University Faculty of Law, Dr. Kapai, discuss her research and social justice advocacy. She focuses on the rights of marginalised communities in relation to gender, race, religion, sexuality, using an intersectional framework.

CityU is constantly hosting interesting events covering a range of topics. For example, I attended the ‘Big Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence: Opportunities and Challenges’ event hosted by Professor Hong Yan. I also attended the ‘Unraveling Supply Chain Complexity in the Greater Bay Area: Challenges and Opportunities in embracing digital transformation’ event hosted by CityU MBA.

There are always live music gigs happening in Hong Kong. A few weeks ago, I saw 16-year old artist from Australia, Ruel, perform. His performance and the venue were both great.

Over the weekend, I attended the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens. The Hong Kong Sevens is considered the premier tournament on the World Rugby Sevens Series competition. The event is so much fun. Attendees get dressed up in outrageous costumes and the atmosphere is incredible!

With little over a month of my exchange program remaining, I will continue to seek out opportunities and gain insight in Hong Kong’s dynamic business and legal environment.

Click here for a 1-minute video snapshot of Hong Kong