Week 3 & 4

I’ve fallen behind on the old blogging so I’ll do two weeks in one post.

In the past two weeks we’ve been to Cork and Galway on the weekends and its been crazy. Galway is the city the Irish go to party so it is definitely not to be missed. UCD have a group called the Erasmus Exchange Network (ESN) which organise trips for international students so we went along to their Galway trip. I’d highly recommend it for anyone coming over as it is a great way to meet people and explore Ireland. The trip cost 100 Euro but that includes accommodation, breakfast, busses and all that stuff for the weekend.

One thing you definitely learn from going on exchange is not to be timid. I don’t consider myself a shy person at all but you definitely have to put yourself out there to meet people.  Makes you get up and out of your comfort zone. It has been great meeting different people all over the world, an experience you would never have if you stayed safe in Australia.

Classes are pretty much the same. All of my classes have 75% exams at the end of term so that’s future Nick’s problem at the moment hahaha. The lack of powerpoints/podcasts is really annoying though. I think I have been spoiled by QUT.

That’s all for now, I’ll update more in a few days.

Cheers

P.S I’d like to give a big thank you to QUT who just paid me my scholarship money. Thank you!