Rules are everywhere. Some of these rules we just “know” and other rules are learned: keep to the left when riding the escalator, turn off your mobile phone at the movies, or wait in an orderly line to place your coffee order. In the Library it works much the same, there are some rules which are set in black and white and others which we can fill you in on. Here is a friendly reminder about some of the QUT Library rules that you might not know about.
- You are allowed to eat and drink in the library – just be considerate of the others sharing your space and make sure your food isn’t smelly or noisy to consume.
- You are responsible for your own belongings so do not leave them unattended. Check out our blog Don’t Leave Personal Items Unattended for more information.
- If you have a laptop, don’t sit in a space with a desktop computer – let someone who doesn’t have a computer use this space.
- You can book a study room for up to 2 hours, but if you don’t show up for your booking 15 minutes past the hour the room is free for anyone to use.
- You can borrow as many books as you like! Just keep an eye out on when they are due back.
- You can talk in the library. Each of our campus libraries has collaborative areas where you can talk till your heart’s content. But be mindful of our silent study areas where talking (including phone conversations) is a no no.
If you aren’t sure about any of these rules you can always contact our friendly library staff for assistance!