Today is the start of Library and Information Week. It is a chance for us all to look back on our own experiences with libraries, be that at university, school or a public library, and see what they have done for us. Today we want to look at some of the #fabulousfinds you can discover at libraries.
I can almost guarantee that nearly everyone has had contact with some form of a library within their life and aren’t they just the most amazing things?! Libraries and librarians are the keepers of information. And with such an abundance of information these days it is no wonder that libraries can hold some pretty strange and wonderful things. We want to know what #fabulousfinds you have discovered within libraries!
Amazing things can be found in the depth of libraries collections. QUT’s own library has some #fabulousfinds of its own. Have you discovered these?
- Did you know QUT has access to Marie Claire magazine? Talk about FABULOUS!
- The Cilento Gift holds some great books, memorabilia, posters, furniture and original scripts from the late actress Diane Cilento and her husband playwright Anthony Shaffer. Definitely a #fabulousfinds
- Why not discover some weird and kooky facts in Weird-o-pedia?
- Up for some laughs? Have a look at the eBook, Weird Things People Say in Bookstores.
- Brougham Reports are a unique collection of charity reports from England. Available in the Gardens Point Library on level 7, they are the only copy in the world that you can look at, how fabulous is that?!
We need just a few more things to get our list up to 10. So don’t forget we want to hear about your own experiences with libraries and what #fabulousfinds you have made! Let us know using #fabulousfinds and #QUTlibrary and help us finish our list of 10 things you never knew you could find in a library.
For more #fabulousfinds, why not search our curriculum collection or look at some of our other special collections at QUT library.
Happy Library and Information Week!