Grab the lifeboats, exams ahead! Some tips to help you weather the storm during exam period.
Find a comfy and study-appropriate spot
I get easily distracted by daytime TV. So if I need to concentrate, I turn off the TV and go to a place that tells my brain and body it’s time to get to work. All campus libraries have a heap of study spaces to get you in the right frame of mind:
- There are lounges, booths, study carrels and other nooks suitable for working with your mates or reading by yourself at all the branch libraries.
- Individual and group study rooms can be booked online.
- The Researchers’ Centres are where postgrads can escape for a quiet spot
- Run off to the Botanic Gardens at Gardens Point or the oval at Kelvin Grove for some fresh air – and grass between the toes. How comfy is that?
Know where to get help
- Not sure where to start? Studywell has tons of links for strategies to tackle your exams and what to expect in different types of exams.
- Ask the Librarians at the Library Helpdesk for help with finding textbooks, your course readings and planning your study time.
- During exam period Study Solutions appointments are not bookable but you can still get one-to-one help. Just ask at the Library Helpdesk and we will arrange it for you. A Study Solutions staff member will be available from 9-5 Monday to Friday.
Look after yourself
- Many of us hit the caffeine hard for those late night cram sessions (get optimally wired via coffee – it’s science!) but sleep, relaxation and eating well are better ways to prepare your body and mind.
Get some sleep, don’t forget your pencil and good luck!