It’s on again! SAGE Publishing has kindly donated money to award to eleven worthy recipients in the SAGE Higher Degree Research (HDR) Student Publication prize. There are prizes for the top research outputs produced and published by a HDR student. There will be five prizes of $400 awarded: one each to the top published paper in each of the five Faculties and $400 will be awarded for the top published paper by an Indigenous HDR student. There are also five prizes of $100 for commended papers, one in each of the Faculties. The competition is now open until 1st November 2023!
To be eligible to enter, you must satisfy:
- Be a current QUT Higher Degree Research (HDR) Studentat the time the work was prepared and submitted for publication.
- Be the lead or corresponding author and have played a significant role in data collection, data analysis, and preparation of a manuscript accepted for publication in a high quality, refereed (peer-reviewed) journal. The journal can be in any subject area and should be allocated a Quartile 1 (Q1) or Quartile 2 (Q2) ranking in Scimagoor Journal Citation Reports or equivalent high-quality journals. Manuscripts must have been accepted for publication between 1st November 2022 and 31st October 2023.
- Affiliate the research work with Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
- Provide a copy of the publication and the email from the journal, stating acceptance for publication.
- Provide a lay summary (approximately 250 words) which describes the research behind the publication, its context, implications and expected real world impact in language that can be understood by a broad audience.
- Complete the application form and attach all necessary documents by 01/11/2023.
You’ve already done the hard work of writing the paper or producing the research output; enter now with the chance to further highlight your research!
If you’d like more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org