The Authorship, Peer Review and Publication series is once again offered to all HDR students and Early Career Researchers. Experts and practitioners from QUT Library, the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity (OREI) and Graduate Research Education and Development (GRE+D) will guide you through the available options, tools, and resources, that can help you manage all aspects of authorship, peer review and publication.
The format of the sessions is approximately 55 minutes of short and quick presentations followed by 30 minutes of Q&As. The publishing and scholarly communications landscape is always changing, and this series never fails to raise interesting and challenging questions. We hope to see you there (at Gardens Point in GP-P419) or online.
Session 1: Wednesday 3 May 2023 –11am – 12:30pm
This session will cover everything you need to know and action before you submit your manuscript.
- Agreeing on authorship
- Publishing strategies, preprints, and journal selection
- Deceptive journals and conferences
- Originality, plagiarism and AI text generators
- Reporting Conflicts of Interest and acknowledging grants
- Cover letters, titles, and abstracts
- Copyright, rights management, and licensing
Session 2: Thursday 4 May 2023 –11am – 12:30pm
This session will cover everything you should be aware of and action after you have submitted your manuscript.
Authorship, Peer Review and Publication: Post-submission
- Journal Peer Review: Models, process, roles
- Open scholarship and open access at QUT
- Publishing outputs at QUT
- Promoting your work after publication.
Follow the link to register for one or both sessions.
We hope to see you there.
Feedback from previous participants:
- This was a great session. I learnt more about the publishing process this morning than I have in [my] whole time at [university]. I will be recommending [this] session to all early career academics.
- A well organised, succinct morning. The format was great – moved along well and didn’t get bogged down …. All speakers were well prepared and their slides were clear and concise.
- I would like to thank and congratulate the team for the organisation of both seminars! They were great! Excellent topics and speakers!!! The videos were great too! Thank you so much for the opportunity of learning such important topics and for having many doubts clarified. You are the best!
- The format was great, and I found the structuring of the whole session around the map very helpful.
- Both workshops were excellent, I got so much out of them and all the information was just perfect…. Short presentations from a variety of speakers who were all so engaging. These were some of the best run and most informative workshops I have done with QUT, thank you.