The 2022 Queensland Research Bazaar (ResBaz) 1-3 Nov 2022 is a three-day event hosted by Griffith University at Nathan (Brisbane), where research staff and students come together to up-skill in ‘next generation digital research tools and skills’. Meet up with other researchers, develop skills and hear from researchers working in industry!
Data Orientated workshops
- Tidy data with spreadsheets
- Cleaning data with Openrefine
- Launch of the Aust Text Analytics Platform
- Social Media/ Twitter workshops
- Network analysis
- Topic Modelling
- Bioinformatics focused workshops
- Digital Imaging with FIJI/ImageJ
- (Coming soon) Sensitive Data and 5 Safes
Data Science workshops
- Intro to Python, and R (for people who have never programmed before)
- Machine learning, Mapping with Python and Intermediate Python
- R Shiny apps and publishing your R Packages to Github
- Mapping with Python
- Twitter and Social Media scraping
- Network analysis
- Leveraging Social Media Strategically
- Fundamentals of Reproducible Research
- Data orientated Career Pathways – How did I get here and how can you?
- Impostor Syndrome
- Describe the Impact of your Research
The cost for attendance is $35, which includes all workshops, talks, social activities (including prizes for some lucky attendees!), and food.
For more details and tickets, please visit: https://resbaz.github.io/resbaz2022qld/
Attendees are welcome from any university (research students and staff, professional staff all welcome) and any government group (including Qld Health, CSIRO, State and local libraries, NCRIS facilities etc).
Accessibility and Financial Support:
Concerned about costs? All volunteers get free attendance, including workshops. Qld university attendees who may need assistance with fares, accommodation, accessibility or childcare costs can apply for financial assistance supported by our amazing sponsors via: https://resbaz.github.io/resbaz2022qld/registration/
ResBaz QLD is a joint volunteer initiative of Griffith, University of Queensland, QUT, Sunshine Coast Uni, Bond University and QCIF. Our Gold Sponsor is AWS and Silver Sponsors are AARNet and GALE publishing.