Coming soon! Two workshops on accessing and using Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) datasets, tools and resources.
QUT Library is funding 1 x two hour workshop and 1 x two hour information session aimed at current and future users of ABS data. Both sessions are applicable for HDR students and researchers.
Both sessions will be offered in hybrid mode (in-person and via Zoom) and will be facilitated by the Assistant Director, Data Services (Data Strategy, Integration and Services Division), ABS.
Places are limited so register today!
Accessing Australian Bureau of Statistics data using TableBuilder
Tuesday, 4 October, 10:00am-12:00pm
Accessing and understanding Australian Bureau of Statistics datasets
Wednesday, 5 October, 1:00-3:00pm
The information session will include the following:
- New ABS website introduction and tour
- How to find data by region
- MADIP/BLADE use and integration
- MADIP: longitudinal data combining information on health, education, government payments, income and taxation, employment and population demographics (including the Census) (individuals)
- BLADE: economic data tool combining tax, trade and intellectual property data with information from ABS surveys (businesses)
- Access to Microdata
- Data Explorer (beta product)
- How the ABS collects data
- Statistical geography and how the ABS uses this to provide access to data
- Accessing and using ABS Census data
The workshop is mainly aimed researchers and HDR students who are currently using or wish to use TableBuilder, a tool for creating, saving and downloading tables, graphs and maps that use ABS datasets. This workshop will be hands-on and participants will receive a workbook to work through with the trainer.