QUT Library’s Office for Scholarly Communication (OSC) and the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity (OREI) are once again offering training sessions for Higher Degree Research (HDR) students and Early Career Researchers on Authorship, Peer Review and Publication.
Session 1: Authorship, Peer Review and Publication: Presubmission
Wed 18 May 2022, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
P Block P419, QUT Gardens Point Campus or online
The world of academic publishing and peer review is complex. How can researchers navigate it? This first session of two is designed to help with what you need to know PRE-SUBMISSION of your manuscript. The session will provide you with a conceptual map, follow a path, discuss your options, provide you with tools, and point you to resources to help you get to where you want to be. It is intended for researchers, HDR students, and research support staff, and covers:
- Agreeing on authorship
- Publishing strategies, preprints, and journal selection
- Deceptive journals and conferences
- Originality and plagiarism
- Reporting Conflicts of Interest and acknowledging grants
- Cover letters, titles, and abstracts
- Copyright, rights management, and licensing
Session 2: Authorship, Peer Review and Publication: Postsubmission
Thu 19 May 2022, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
P Block P419, QUT Gardens Point Campus and online
This second session of two is designed to help with what you need to know and do POSTSUBMISSION of your manuscript. It covers:
- Journal Peer Review: Models, process, roles
- Open scholarship and open access at QUT
- Publishing outputs at QUT
- Promoting your work after publication
Both sessions are delivered in person and online and will provide you with a conceptual map, follow a path, discuss your options, provide you with tools, and point you to resources to help you get to where you want to be.
Follow the links to register for one or both sessions.
Sign up for – Wednesday 18 May 2022, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Authorship, Peer Review and Publication: Presubmission (qut.edu.au)
Sign up for – Thursday 19 May 2022, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Feedback from previous participants:
- This was a great session. I learnt more about the publishing process this morning than I have in [my] whole time at [university]. I will be recommending [this] session to all early career academics.
- A well organised, succinct morning. The format was great – moved along well and didn’t get bogged down …. All speakers were well prepared and their slides were clear and concise.
- I would like to thank and congratulate the team for the organisation of both seminars! They were great! Excellent topics and speakers!!! The videos were great too! Thank you so much for the opportunity of learning such important topics and for having many doubts clarified. You are the best!
- The format was great, and I found the structuring of the whole session around the map very helpful.
- Both workshops were excellent, I got so much out of them and all the information was just perfect…. Short presentations from a variety of speakers who were all so engaging. These were some of the best run and most informative workshops I have done with QUT, thank you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions relating to this training opportunity.