As we approach exam time, keep in mind that early preparation is the best way to reduce pre-exam stress!
Here are some tips to help you get organised.
- Double-check the date, time, and location of your exam/s. Also check which materials you are permitted to bring in. If you are unable to attend an on-campus exam for reasons relating to COVID-19, you can apply for an alternative arrangement.
- Check your Blackboard site to see if your lecturer or tutor has provided any information regarding the content, duration, and/or format of your exam.
- Make the most of any opportunity to practise. Again, consult Blackboard: your lecturer or tutor may have posted practice materials. Also check QUT Readings to see if there are any past examination papers available for your units.
- See QUT’s Exam Preparation pages for tips on note-taking, managing your time, understanding different exam types (multiple choice, short answer, essay question, etc.), and more.
- Finally, check out this advice for surviving the exam period — a useful resource, particularly when it comes to dealing with stress and anxiety. There’s also a link to QUT’s Counselling Services.
Best of luck from all of us at the Library! If you would like any help, please don’t hesitate to ask.