Exams will soon be upon us, and if you’re wondering how best to prepare (other than starting early), consider the following tips.
- Research has shown that being in the right room at the right time on the right date significantly increases your chances of passing an exam. Remember to double-check these details. Also check which materials you are permitted to bring in.
- Check your Blackboard site to see if your lecturer or tutor has provided any information regarding the content, duration, and/or format of your exam.
- Make the most of any opportunity to practise. Again, consult Blackboard: your lecturer or tutor may have posted practice materials. Also check QUT Readings to see if there are any past exams available for your units.
- Refer to QUT’s Exam Preparation page for advice on note-taking, managing your time, understanding different exam types (multiple choice, short answer, essay question, etc.), and more.
- Take advantage of the Library’s extended opening hours. Gardens Point Library is open from 7am to 2am seven days a week until 21st June, and Kelvin Grove Library will be open 7am to 2am seven days a week from 3rd to 21st June.
- See this helpful advice for managing exam-related stress. And remember that QUT Counselling Services are available to assist you further.
Best of luck from all of us at QUT Library! If you require any help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
where can I find past examinations for Science 2?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Sophie. You can find past exam papers here https://qut.rl.talis.com/fields/exams.html. You may need to login to see them and the one you’re looking for might not be there. If not, please ask your tutor if they are available somewhere else.