QUT Library and the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity (OREI) are once again offering training sessions for HDR students and Early Career Researchers on Authorship and Publication and Journal Peer Review.
Authorship and Publication will cover the fundamentals of publishing in a series of tight 3 minute talks and videos. Topics to be covered include:
- Developing a Data Management Plan
- Open Scholarship Practices: Open Access
- Originality and plagiarism
- Promoting your work
Session 2: Tuesday 14 May 2019 – 1.00pm – 2.30pm
Journal Peer Review will cover different aspects of journal peer review. We will have speakers covering various topics along with videos. Topics to be covered include:
- Forms of peer review
- Conducting peer review
- Responding to peer review
- Emerging trends in peer review
Follow the links to register for one or both sessions.
Feedback from previous participants:
- This was a great session. I learnt more about the publishing process this morning than I have in [my] whole time at [university]. I will be recommending [this] session to all early career academics.
- A well organised, succinct morning. The format was great – moved along well and didn’t get bogged down …. All speakers were well prepared and their slides were clear and concise.
- I would like to thank and congratulate the team for the organisation of both seminars! They were great! Excellent topics and speakers!!! The videos were great too! Thank you so much for the opportunity of learning such important topics and for having many doubts clarified. You are the best!
- The format was great, and I found the structuring of the whole session around the map very helpful.
- Both workshops were excellent, I got so much out of them and all the information was just perfect…. Short presentations from a variety of speakers who were all so engaging. These were some of the best run and most informative workshops I have done with QUT, thank you.