You know when the words stop making sense on the page and you’re re-reading the same sentence again and again – it’s unlikely you’re taking anything in… your brain’s fried, it’s time to take a break….
QUT has some great distractions from the real world – so here are some ways to have a quick refresh, so you can get back to the books.
- Have a game of table tennis – there’s a table in the courtyard on level 2 (entry level) at the KG Library
- Take a walk around the Brisbane Botanical Gardens, just a hop skip and jump from the GP library
- Head halfway across the Goodwill Bridge, have a coffee, and sit and watch as cyclists wreak havoc on pedestrians
- Head up to the garden level of P Block (level 6,The Cube) at GP and stretch out on a bench for a power nap
- Take a walk around the QUT Art Museum, a new exhibition begins on Saturday 16 June – Abstraction: Celebrating Australian Women Abstract Artists.
- Get to the Games Lab at KG library and play a retro classic
- Have a walk around the bookshops at either campus and pick up something great to enjoy over the break.
- Go for an indoor swim – one-off rates are available at campus fitness centres.
- If you’ve got a great spot and can’t bear to leave the library we have some great video streaming options (EduTV & Kanopy)
What a great post! I don’t have an exam to prep for but I’ll take your tips!
Thank you Nerida, enjoy every minute 🙂