We’re now approaching Week 11 of semester and if you haven’t yet started your exam preparation, here are some tips to get you cracking!
- Gather information about your exams. Keep this information within reach such as in a calendar on your phone. What are the dates and times? Which campus and rooms? What are you allowed to bring into the exam room?
- Block out time in your schedule for exam preparation to avoid last minute panics.
- Gather and organise your study notes. Check your unit outlines, lecture topics and unit objectives for the main topics. Organise your notes into main topics and sub-topics. Summarise.
- Go to last lectures for any exam hints!
- Study actively – re-write main points in your own words; mind map key concepts; do revision questions from your textbook or go over tutorial exercises.
- Turn off social media notifications during exam study time. You can check them in your breaks.
Need somewhere to study? Gardens Point library will have extended opening hours for Semester 1 exam period.
From 3 June 2016 to 24 June 2016 the library will be open:
- Monday – Friday: 7am-2am
- Saturday – Sunday: 9am-2am.
QUT students and staff will have extended access to all Gardens Point library study spaces and collections. Further information is on the library website.