New to QUT? Welcome! Returning for another semester? Welcome back!
The beginning of the semester can be a busy time, there are new places to check out, workshops to attend and study to organise. But luckily Orientation Week has arrived along with a whole host of activities!
To help you get everything under control here are our Top 5 Must Dos for O week.
- Meet QUT’s Vice Chancellor, Peter Coldrake, as he welcomes you to QUT.
- Grab your free Semester Planner to help you get on top of your assignments and exams this semester! During O Week these will be available from Welcome Tents at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove and from the Student Centre at Caboolture.
- Check out QUT’s online portal, OrgSync, where you can explore activities happening at QUT such as clubs and sporting teams you might want to join, career development and campus life.
- Pop into your campus’s library and talk to our friendly Helpdesk team. You can also pick up your free copy of QUT Cite/Write which will give you a great introduction to citing, referencing and academic writing at QUT.
- Make sure to attend your faculty specific orientation. Whether you are an undergraduate, postgraduate or an international student, these orientations will make sure you get the best possible start to your semester.
And don’t forget to grab your ID card! You can do this at any campus.
We look forward to meeting all the new faces and seeing the familiar ones this semester at all of our QUT Libraries!