Trying to find a place to study in the Library can be a bit tricky during semester, especially when assignments are due! Luckily we’ve put together some handy tips for you to use while in the Library.
- Have you booked a study room? – You can book a study room through the Library homepage. These can fill-up pretty quickly so if you know you are going to need a place to meet with your group, book well in advance!
- Use a training room – The Library has some training rooms used for teaching and learning, these are all equipped with computers and internet access. You can check the room bookings near the door and if they are not being used you can go in.
- Silent study – If you would like a silent space to do individual work, head up to the top floors of the Kelvin Grove (level 5 and 6) or Gardens Point (level 6 or 7) Library.
- Researchers’ Centre – On level 6 of Kelvin Grove and level 7 of Gardens Point there is a study space for postgraduate students called the Researchers’ Centre. If you are eligible to apply for access, come to the Library Helpdesk and ask for further information.
- Curriculum Collection collaborative study zone – For those students at Kelvin Grove, the collaborative study zone in the Curriculum Collection on level 4 of the library has large, open spaces perfect for group work.
Where is your favourite area to study at QUT Library? Let us know in the comments!