How to read a book in 2hrs or less (Thanks Gradhacker)
- Start by finding and reading book reviews using Quick Find. Book reviews give you a summary of the book’s main points and help you determine what parts will be helpful for your research.
- Read the title, table of contents and skim the introduction and conclusion for the author’s argument. What are they trying to say? How do they say it?
- Only read in detail the chapters relevant to your research. Skim the introduction, headings and conclusion of other chapters for context.
- Write notes by answering questions: How does the author’s views impact the answer you give to your research question?
- Do a cited reference search. Find out what other high impact researchers have said about the book and its arguments.