New in semester two? Awesome, welcome.
You’re enrolled, you’ve got your student card, your password and email is set up, your tutorials are organised, and you’ve found the Library, the Student Guild Bar and the best coffee on campus…
So, what next?
Then here are some things you can do now:
- attend a short workshop on writing, researching or referencing – https://www.library.qut.edu.au/events/
- print off some handy study templates for note-taking or planning your semester, or get some tips for writing, working in teams and preparing for exams – http://www.studywell.library.qut.edu.au/
- learn some research and study skills in your own time and at your own pace – http://studysmart.library.qut.edu.au/
- learn how to reference and cite, QUT-style – http://www.citewrite.qut.edu.au/
- get some answers at the Library’s Learning and Research Desks, or book a Study Solutions session for 1-1 guidance with that first (or every!) assignment – http://www.library.qut.edu.au/learn/studysolutions.jsp
- and then… put your assignment deadlines into the Assignment Calculator and get a study plan with links to heaps of useful resources!
These are our suggestions but, just in case you need more convincing, check out the top ten tips of QUT students who are almost ready to graduate.
But most importantly … welcome to QUT!