Check out some of the resources in journalism that QUT Library has to keep you up-to-date with the latest news and current affairs and improve your journalistic skills:
- BBC College of Journalism – provides journalists, students, and researchers at all levels with a full range of multimedia content and tools for the study of TV, radio, and online journalism.
- TV News – stream or download all major news, current affairs and documentaries from Australian free to air networks on your computer. See here for the full list of included shows.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre – Australian and New Zealand newspapers (inc. The Courier Mail), magazines, reference books, and company info.
- Factiva – important news, current affairs and research database of nearly 8000 publications, including local and international newspapers, newswires, magazines, journal sources and company info.
Fancy yourself a citizen journalist? Make waves online with tips from these titles –
- Citizen journalism : global perspectives / edited by Stuart Allan and Einar Thorsen
- Citizen journalism : a social revolution / edited by Salonee Priya
Want to make like Leigh Sales (incidentally one of the Walkley winners and QUT alumnus) and deliver a killer interview? These might help –
- Interviewing for Journalists / Adams, Sally (ebook)
- Interviewing : a guide for journalists and writers / Gail Sedorkin.
Or come in and see us! Browse the shelves at Kelvin Grove. You’ll find the journalism titles at the 070s on level 4.